Delicious and Easy Baked Snapper

Every couple of weeks during the summer there are two very nice men who come up from Louisiana with a divine selection of freshly caught fish and shellfish. About once a month or so, we purchase a few items and have never been disappointed.

This past week, we purchased large scallops, which my oldest daughter prepared after watching a YouTube video about preparing scallops by Chef Gordon Ramsey. She sauted them in a hot skillet with olive oil, freshly minced garlic, fresh thyme and some butter. We served them with pasta and they were very tasty. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of her cooking adventure to share this time, but I'll be sure to catch some next time.

The next evening we had baked snapper - it was easy and delicious. Here's how I prepared it.

In a 9x13 baking dish, I put a little olive oil in the bottom of the dish. On top I place a nice sized sheet of parchment paper.

After rinsing the snapper filet, I placed it on the parchment paper. I drizzled it with a little olive oil, then added a sprinkling of salt, pepper and herbs de provence. I topped it off with slices of fresh lemon. Then I wrapped the parchment and tucked it under the fish filet. I put about a 1/4 cup of water in the pan around the parchment and baked the filet in a preheated 350 degree oven.
snapper_ready

Our filet took about 20 minutes to cook due to thickness. Delicious!

0 comments: