Easy Beef Brisket

I enjoy beef brisket. We have many beef customers though who aren't sure how to cook it. Typically, beef brisket is a very large cut of beef that does well with low, slow cooking. It is also good cooked all day in a smoker. Mmmm, I can smell that delicious scent now!

Here's how I like to cook mine in the oven.

In a large, deep roasting pan, lightly coat the bottom and sides with olive oil or your favorite no-stick spray. Place the beef brisket into the pan, fat side up. Rub on your favorite selection of herbs. I usually use salt, pepper, italian seasoning, and minced garlic - sometimes some rosemary or adobo seasoning or something with a little zip.

I then pour and entire large can of tomato juice into the pan. I surround the brisket with carrot chunks, potato chunks, onion chuncks and celery (if I have any on hand, which I rarely do).

Cover the dish with parchment paper, then aluminum foil. You use the parchment paper to keep the tomato juice from touching the foil and interacting to make everything have a very metallic taste. Trust me on this one. Use the parchment paper first. The foil will act as a lid to help steam the beef.

Place in a preheated 300-350 degree oven and bake for 1-3 hours, depending on how large the brisket is. I like mine to cook to a medium degree of doneness, which still has plenty of pink in the middle. Remove from the oven, allow to set for 10-15 minutes, then carve for serving.

I often serve this with a sauteed vegetable medley of cabbage, onions and peppers or with a nice large bowl of salad greens and a big glass of sweet tea for drinks.

If you have a great recipe for cooking brisket, I'd love to hear it!

1 comments:

Mahmudul Hasan said...

Yummy!!! This is my favorite recipe.